This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007


Thanks for all your well wishes. I wish you all lived near me. I've got some nice neighbors, but none with adopted kids from China. I would say I'm 50% better then yesterday. So if you are a "the glass is half full" kind of person, that's good news. I'm wishing I could spend one more day in bed, but I am going slowly today. I made this butterfly with Sarah today. I used a toilet paper roll, and 2 paper plates. I cut the wings out first from the paper plates. Then Sarah painted them with water colors. After they dried, I hot glued the whole thing together. Then I let Sarah add some stickers to the butterfly. I think it would be a good craft for a play date, birthday party, or Sunday school class.

PS. Juergen wanted you all to know he is not boring, he just wanted to help me look good in Sarah’s eyes!