This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, June 14, 2007


Today I took Sarah to one of our local Kindergartens to sign her up for the fall. It was a very nice kindergarten. It's small, only 2 groups of kids. It's in a big old house with a great back yard. They do allot of wonderful art with the kids. You can see cool art projects everywhere. The teachers were really wonderful with us, and the other kids. The only problem is I'm too late. They have no more places for the fall. I am on a list, and may need to wait a whole year. I could look at other kindergartens, but this one is within walking distance to our house. The kids she meets in this kindergarten are probably the same kids she would go to first grade with. I could keep her home an extra year. That would save me allot of money (kindergarten is pretty expensive). It would also give us another year to bond. In the mean time, there are playgroups, and other activities like swimming we could do together. Sarah does not really seem emotionally ready for kindergarten. She would probably do much better if I waited a year. Like I said, I could just find another kindergarten, but maybe it's just best to wait!