This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007




Sarah is crashed out on the sofa. She needs a nap everyday, but would never volunteer to take one. We visited with my good friend Inkeri this morning. It’s been a whole month since we saw Inkeri and she noticed the very big changes in Sarah. When you are right in the middle of things it’s hard to see any real growth. Sarah is so much more relaxed. She can understand English and German. She is starting to count, and says her ABC’s. She has also learned her colors. She is accepting me. She laughs with me, hugs me, and also calls me Mama. She brought Inkeri two books to look at. The first was her photo album of her family. She is so proud to have a family. The second book was her new children’s Bible. Juergen gave her the Bible on Sunday, and she is carrying it around all the time!