This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007


I'm really sick with a head and chest cold. Juergen took the morning off so I could sleep. I slept until 1pm. I wish I could stay in bed all day. Juergen actually worked all morning on his computer while Sarah watched one DVD after another (not good). You would think Sarah would be smart enough to realize Papa is not nearly as fun as Mama! Philip and Thomas are home from school now. They learned to make a bow and arrow from Nicole. They are in the garden perfecting their archery. Sarah is right there with them. She has her own little home made bow. I'm glad they can play well together. I have no energy to entertain anyone. How could anyone have just one child?

PS. I made homemade Chicken soup for lunch. Sarah didn't like it, but Thomas eat 3 bowls.


“A Jewish woman had 2 chickens. One got sick, so the woman made chicken soup out of the healthy chicken to help the sick one get well.”