This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, June 10, 2007




This morning I taught my English Sunday school class. It's a German church, and it's English as a second (3rd, 4th, and for some of the kids 5th) language. Juergen and I take turns each week taking the kids to church. One takes the kids, the other stays home with Jessica our autistic daughter. I brought Sarah to church with me. She spent half the time with me, and half the time in Thomas's class. His class was singing great songs and she liked that! My class is studying the book of John. We also began learning the art of balloons. We began with hats. Next month we will learn to make balloon animals. The kids can use this skill working in children’s ministry. Some of them help in the Sunday school. They can also use this skill doing short term missions trips. My daughter Nicole for example is planning on going to Mexico to help build a house for a poor family. She can make balloon animals and hats to entertain the kids in Mexico. My class plans on selling the hats and animals after church next month to help raise money for AIDS orphans in Ethiopia.