This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, June 25, 2007



We walked to our neighborhood Italian Ice cream shop. They make their own ice cream in the store from the finest fresh ingredients. The owners are really Italian. They run the shop from May until October, and then spend every winter in Italy.
I don't have a picture of it, but I found Sarah sitting in her bed with a pair of scissors tonight. She had cut some of her own hair (not much). I asked her about it, and you should have seen the guilt. I put the scissors back in the desk. When I returned, I found Sarah standing before the mirror to see what she had done to her hair! I think all kids cut their own hair once. Nicole cut Jessica’s hair if I remember. It is hardly noticeable! Too cute!!!