This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, August 09, 2007


Chinese people love their money! This is something we noticed when we were in China. Some Chinese people value other things (our wonderful guide in Nanjing for example) but most love money. Sarah now has a money purse and she is collecting small change. Today she wanted to spend her own money. We went to the bakery and she bought soft pretzels for her and Philip (1,30€). She was pretty proud to join the whole free market economy. I didn't have my camera. Later today she was back to work hunting for the small change we leave here and there! She's a kick!!!