This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, August 10, 2007

Now that Sarah is settling in, I feel I'm starting to feel some what normal again. I took 3 naps this week, and I'm not nearly as tired as I've been. My normal creative self is coming back. Also my passion for orphans. I guess you could say that's a good thing, but its also kind of dangerous. You see I'm reading more and more about the 5 million + orphans in Ethiopia. These are real orphans, not children abandoned because of poverty or a one child policy. HIV is on the rise in Ethiopia, and AIDS is claiming a great number of parents. It is like a tidal wave of need. I would probably be crazy enough to adopt again. I can not promise I won't. Perhaps God just wants me to help you cultivate a heart for adoption...perhaps from Ethiopia. It is one of the oldest cultures in the world. The people are unbelievably beautiful. They have large dark eyes and bright smiles. I've read time and time again of how loving and full of joy they are despite all the poverty and loss they endure. Here is one adoption video I found on you tube. AAI has a good Ethiopian adoption program. You can contact them for more information. There is a line from the Disney movie Robots, "see a need, fill a need". Maybe it's as simple as that!