This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, August 07, 2007


I finally booked my airline tickets to the USA. I fly (God willing) on September 28TH on a direct flight to Portland, Oregon. I return also on a direct flight (God willing) 9 days later on October 7Th. The flights are about 10 1/2 hours long. I am planning on taking Philip and Sarah. I think the whole thing will be easier on Sarah and me if Philip also comes. I also think it will be good for Philip who, as some of you know, is going to have to go to a school for learning disabled kids this fall. I thought a trip to the states might be good for his self worth. I also know the boys tend to fight over Juergen when I'm gone. If I take Philip with me, Thomas will have most of Papas attention. Jessica and Nicole don't compete for Papas attention; they are pretty cool in that way! Philip will have to miss a week of school, but that isn't such a big deal in the first and second grades (the kids don't get grades until the end of second grade). I'm sure I wouldn't get away with taking any of the other kids. I'm glad I finally got my tickets! I'll keep trying to help Sarah understand the whole thing. Perhaps it will not be so scary for her if Philip is also coming!