This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, August 27, 2007


I spent most of the day shopping. One store had boys jeans and sweaters and winter jackets on sale. Another store had school supplies on sale. Still another store had really nice corduroy pants for Nicole and Jessica. Then I had to take an extra trip to toys r us for a certain soon to be 10 year old who circled in a catalog specific Lego he has been hoping to get for his birthday. Thomas turns ten years old when we are in Holland next week. I am one tired lady! You think about all the extra cooking, and cleaning you need to do when you have a big family. It's easy to forget the kids always need new shoes, cloths, and , and, and!
Sarah was sitting in the shopping cart as we were about to check out. Two little German girls started to ask her how old she was. She just stared at them. I told the girls she didn't speak good German, she spoke Chinese. Then Sarah began to sing loudly in Chinese. She basically entertained the whole crowd of folks waiting in line.