This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, August 30, 2007


Is it just me, or does getting ready to go on vacation with your kids also put you over the edge? Juergen was going to take today off, but of course he also has mega stuff to do so he can even leave for a week! The kids are very anxious and don't seem to know what to do with themselves. They have been mostly good all summer vacation, but at each others trouts all day. Sarah is insecure, so she has been crying and pushing me! Jessica has had her shoes in her hands begging to go for a drive. I finally took her to IKEA to get some catalogs. She loves to sit in front of her TV and rip IKEA catalogs page by page. They were suppose to have the new catalog in the store today, but didn't. They did give me 5 of the old ones, so I have some for the vacation. Nicole has been a real blessing. She wrapped all of Thomas' birthday gifts, and put batteries in all the CD players, and the leapster. I bought snacks and drinks for the long drive, magazines and playing cards for the kids. Hopefully the long drive , 8 hours will pass OK. The laundry is almost done. The kitchen is clean. Juergen, if you are reading this please take the kids to McDonald's tonight. I don't want to do any more dishes! Just think, our Sarah sunshine will be in the land of wooden shoes and windmills tomorrow. We will go swimming every day for a week. I may even convince Juergen to let me take the kids into Amsterdam to see the Van Gogh, Museum. I definitely plan to buy some tulip bulbs! Thinking about the trip makes me happy. Sometimes I feel I could die under the Mountain of to do's...but I am going to Holland! OK, back to work!