This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, August 04, 2007


Things are starting to shift, and Sarah is starting to need me to be there at bed time. She still wants Juergen in the mornings, but Juergen can not get her to sleep without me. In general I'm not so thrilled about this. Sarah gets a little ridiculous about her preferences. She has a way of suffocating a person, she depends so much on her chosen person. I am going to the USA at the end of September to finish Sarah's US citizenship process. For this reason I'm happy she is becoming Mommy's girl. I'm trying to prepare her for this visit to Grandmas house. Today she was playing the game memory. She found two cards for an airplane. I told her we would be taking an airplane soon to see Grandma. She got excited about it. I am going to keep trying to prepare her for this short trip. I'm afraid we will only have a week + one weekend.I hope she some how understands we are only visiting Grandma, and I'm not kidnapping her from her family. The smallest little change seems to upset her. I love my family in the USA, but I'm so afraid of taking Sarah anywhere yet!