This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

We need some prayer for a visa. The only reason I could adopt Sarah was because I am a US Citizen. Germans are not allowed to adopt from China. Juergen and I both had to go to China, and sign the adoption papers making Sarah our child. I had to go to Guangzhou to finish processing Sarah's US citizenship paperwork, and get a US visa. I'm very grateful that Germany did not force me to go directly to America with Sarah. That would have been stressful (understatement). I am traveling with Sarah and Philip to the USA on September 28TH God willing. Sarah becomes a US citizen when our airplane lands in Portland, Oregon. The trouble I now have is getting a visa to come back to Germany for the time it takes to process Sarah's passport. I don't believe the US is expediting passports in a week. It will probably take a few months for all the paperwork to be in my hands proving her US citizenship statues. I just need some prayer and wisdom to figure out this visa stuff.