This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, August 27, 2007


My Mom wrote a pretty good recap of our China trip from her perspective. I put it on a blog, and I will add her photos to this blog. The trip was very painful for me both physically because I sprained both my arms and emotionally because of Sarah's total rejection of me. I'm so 100% grateful to God my Mom came along. I'm also grateful she kept notes of what we actually did when we were there. I blogged it, but have mostly blocked the whole thing from my mind (sort of like a really painful birth experience). I have Sarah and that's all I care about. These details will become more important to me over time. It's long but if you want to read about our China trip from Grandma's perspective it's here. Her photos will be added in a few days.