This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, August 26, 2007


It's Sunday morning. The house is quite. Juergen has gone to church with the kids. I am home with Jessica (our soon to be 16 year old autistic daughter). Jessica will not sit still in church. She doesn't like loads of people around (how very autistic of her). Juergen and I take turns taking the other kids to church. Sometimes it seems so sad to me we can not go as a whole family. Other times I simply accept how it is, and praise God for all we do have. I praise God that Juergen and I manage to hold our marriage together, and that we still love each other after nearly 17 years together.
Sarah wanted to go swimming this morning. I said no. She needed to go to church. She will get to go swimming everyday for a week starting on Friday. We go to Holland on Friday morning. We are thinking of leaving early (like 5am) to avoid the traffic. It will take us 6-8 hours to drive there. We stay on an island in the North sea. I hope the weather is good. It really has been a wet summer. I think going away for a week, then coming home is good for Sarah. Perhaps it will help prepare her to go away to grandmas house knowing what it means to "come back home". It blesses me so much that she has a home. If I had it in my power, I would adopt at least one more time. After the difficult adjustment, it is so amazing to see the miracle of a child who had no family finally have one! It is like playing the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella. It is the power to really change a persons life for good! It is a wonderful feeling!