This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, February 16, 2007





...it will be a quiet week adoption wise if we don't get our SC form today. China shuts their adoption work down for one week of Chinese New Years. My kids have one week of vacation. They celebrate carnival (Mardi Graw )here BIG TIME. There are lots of special foods, mostly fried sweet things to eat. Fat Tuesday is next week, and then it's 6 weeks of lent before Easter. I'm not Catholic, but I plan on giving up sugar anyway. This waiting is STRESSFUL, and I eat when I get stressed. Lent is a good idea (at least for me). I'm still holding out hope for a SC form, and trying not to get too discouraged if it does not come. Please post "how to cheer yourself up posts", I will probably need the advice!I will be spring cleaning this week. I have allot of that "nesting" emotion coming on. I MUST PREPARE FOR MY BABY TO COME!!! Really, I can feel the clock ticking, the day must be near!