This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Thank you for the encouraging e-mails, comments! When you find yourself falling into a pit of self pity,it is always a good idea to cry out for help! Sarah is still not with us, but I know I am not alone! Thanks! I got a good idea from a women on one of my Yahoo adoption groups. She said she gave her waiting child a party anyway...and that helped her feel better. I decided to do that! I ran over to the food store and got a strawberry cream cake, candles, and balloons. We eat cake, and painted Sarah some birthday pictures. Even Thomas got into it! Here is a short slide show of the 4TH birthday party for our Sarah sunshine! I also added a video of the kids singing Happy birthday, but you mostly hear our dog Mickey in the video! Keep the good wishes coming, you really lift my spirits!