This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, February 17, 2007



First of all, thank you for your words of encouragement and mostly for your prayers! I think I am mostly sad about Juergens mom. I guess I had hoped the Seeking confirmation letter would cheer me up. I fully expected it and when it did not come I was really sad! I have a saying on the sidebar, "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" It takes courage to keep pulling yourself up every time you feel kicked down. Juergen let me sleep until 10am, and I feel much better now! I did some shopping. That also helps! This time I shopped for you. I bought chocolate ladybugs (12 of them) and a child's baking set for the winner of this weeks very important question..."How do you cheer yourself up"? Please post your answers on Amy's adoption forum, to the right of the page. I need your great advice and funny stories.I am sure I am not the only one that gets discouraged. Please keep praying for Juergen's mom. Thank you for caring! You are the best!!!