This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, February 15, 2007




The weather outside is beautiful! It was almost too warm to wear a jacket. I have flowers in my garden starting to come up, and even some miniature iris blooming. I went shopping with my daughter Jessica today(she is autistic, but like a normal 15 year old girl loves to shop). We found this cute butterfly personal toiletry bag for around 4 dollars. I will put a hair brush, tooth brush, etc for Sarah in it! I am in a very GOOD MOOD!!! I am very hopeful we will get the SC form today! We are on day 87 of our TA wait, so it just seems right it would come today. I will shout it out if it comes! I have a new question for the Amy's Adoption Forum. I will find some kind of spring surprises to give to you for the best answer. What do you do to cheer yourself up? Adoption can be an emotional roller coaster! For example, today I am hopping for my SC form. If it comes I will be happy. If it does not come, I will need your good advice to cheer myself up again! You have one week to answer the question "what do you do to cheer yourself up"?