This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, February 24, 2007



(Warning, a bragging post)
Nicole planned on going to her kindergarten caravel party dressed as a cowboy. At the last minute the teacher announced that the whole class should dress in ladybug outfits. I had to scramble to make one! Juergen and I cut this costume out of cardboard, and painted it with finger paints. Juergen designed the ladybug hat from Nicole's cowboy hat! She was 5 years old. I warn you, ladybugs grow up very fast! She is now 13 and taller then me. She looks like a German super model, but wants to be a crop scientist. Her desire is to develop plants that help either feed poor populations, or provide crops that produce a marketable income for the poor. In her spare time, my ladybug Nicole writes children's books. We are looking for a publishing agent!