This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007



I got this letter from a friend of mine here in Germany. If he wins "best post " I will have to find a special Chinese ladybug for his sweet little ladybug Emma! Thanks Peter!!!



Dear Amy,

I can't send you a picture, but only the description of a small incident that happened just yesterday.
Every year around February / March a pastor from the Evangelische Landeskirche in Rosbach (just a bit north of Frankfurt) puts a Gospel-choir together. About 130 singers this year, young and old. They play two concerts in their church and the church is always very crowded. Since a few years the band is always the same - and I'm the bass player of it.
Now yesterday during the rehearsal for the second concert I took the music-sheet of the just sung song off my music-stand and put it on the ground and there was a ladybug - sitting on the pile of the previously laid down sheets. I was surprised: what is a ladybug doing on this time of the year in an old lutheran church on my music-sheets????? And of course I had to think about you immediately. I didn't have time to watch the bug, because I had to concentrate on playing the bass guitar (and being a man means I can concentrate only on one thing at a time!). When I looked again on my sheets, the bug was gone....may it really be a sign of great luck to your adoption process.

Dear regards,
Peter