This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, February 23, 2007



I've decided since I am the all powerful keeper of this blog (it's nice to have some control over something in this adoption process) I would proclaim this ladybug week. The ladybug is considered a sign of good luck. In Germany they are even called "gluckskafer" or Lucky bugs. Many people in the Chinese adoption community collect these lucky bugs. I do too! And this week I want to hear about your ladybug collections, and have you e-mail me pictures of your special ladybugs. The pictures can be sent to our yahoo account www.juergen_heymann@yahoo.com . Our yahoo e-mail address is always on the sidebar right above the links. I will put together a slide show of your ladybug collections (that's if I actually get any photos). In the mean time, I'm going to show you some of my ladybugs. I will also post fun facts about ladybugs (if I can manage to find any). Oh, and to motivate you to send in your photos and stories, I have a small collection of German ladybugs for the best story or picture.