This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, October 29, 2007



I ended up having a very nice birthday. I talked to allot of family and friends on the phone. They made me feel very loved! The movie was a bit stressful. I let the boys bring one friend. 3 boys together can get very loud! They tend to egg each other on. It wasn't the nice bounding time I had hoped for. The movie was really cute, but a little too long for Sarah. She still isn't use to too much. She lived such a calm boring life in the orphanage. She ended up having a very big temper tantrum on the way home. I've gotten pretty good at calming her down. She ended up saying she was sorry to me and the boys before we arrived home. Still, the noise gave me a head ach.
My wonderful neighbors gave me this cute book on smiling. I scanned a few of the pictures for you. I've got great neighbors! Juergen and Nicole made it home from Hanover by 10pm. I got to eat birthday cake with my sweetheart. You know everything else is just frosting on the cake…Juergen is the greatest gift I could ever have!
Tomorrow night, God willing, I get to go out to diner with Juergen and some friends. My brave and wonderful friend Kerstin will try to baby-sit Sarah for the first time. Sarah loves Kerstin so I hope it will work out good.