This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007


Sarah has been a real Papa's girl lately. This morning Juergen said goodbye to her and took Philip to school. Sarah sat on the stairs and cried for a half hour. She would not eat or get dressed. She is overly tired. She will not go to bed at a descent hour. Juergen and I still take turns putting her to bed. Lately she cries when it is Mamas turn. She only wants Papa. In the mornings she could sleep a few hours longer, but she insists on getting up to say goodbye to her Papa. Something has got to bend here! She is overly tired. She gets really mean and clingy when she is tired. I guess Sarah and I are very much alike. We both are obsessed with Juergen, never get enough sleep, and never want to say goodbye to the man. The big difference is I’ve got coffee.