This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007



We may never really know the real day of Philips birth. He was found in November of 1998 in Central Thailand. He was placed in a basket in a crowded market place. The police came, and no one came forward to claim him. Philip had 2 holes in his heart (ASD and VSD). Thailand gave him a birthday of Jan 1, 1998. Maybe he really was 11 months old, or only 2 months old? We don't really know. We are changing his birthday to October 17TH. My mom had a dream about the date of his birth. It's a long story, but we are going with the date in her dream. Today Philip is 9 years old. He is very excited. He expects ALL GOOD THINGS today. He has been saying, "on my birthday I want this to eat", and "on my birthday, I get to do that"! He plans to milk it for all it's worth! I am so happy to give him this special day, even if it may not actually be the real day. Today he is a prince and we honor the day he was born!
The photo was taken in Thailand September 2006