This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, October 25, 2007


Isn't this a cute 5 year old? Here is her adoption information. Her special need is Hepatitis B. Sarah is also Hep B +. Juergen and I thought about weather we should tell people about her SN. Many parents advise you to keep the information to your selves. Some people get nervous about being around people with an infectious disease. We felt like most of our friends and family already knows, most people already have a vaccination agent the disease. Many children on the waiting lists have this special need. We find it pretty easy to manage. We hope that our being open will help encourage other families to consider adopting a Hep B+ child. I'm hoping the people I know in Germany will not show any prejudice towards us or Sarah. We hope that we are not making a mistake by being open about this...but that our openness will help others. Anyway, I will be writing what I know about Hep B over the next few days.