This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, October 22, 2007


Some of you may have noticed I deleted a rather long, angry post. It was in response to something another blogger had written. I admit it was an over reaction. Boy did I over react! Something she wrote pushed a very sensitive button in me. For this I am very sorry. In a way it only illustrates how very human I really am. I hate it when people try to make us out to be anything other then what we are...parents. I realize that there are allot of people stuck in an indefinite waiting line to adopt from China. The wait is the hardest part. I am very sorry you have laid your whole life out on paper, signed on the dotted lines, notarized everything, and made copies and now you are stuck waiting. It is very painful to wait. All parents deal with pain in the course of bearing or raising their children. It embarrasses me when people try to place us in any other category then the category of "parent". As Dr. Dobson said in the title of his book, parenting is not for cowards. I pray God grants courage to those who wait...and that he helps me learn to exercise some self control next time someone pushes one of my buttons. Kim, I am very sorry I reacted the way that I did.