This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007






Sarah stayed with her very first babysitter last night. I guess she cried for a few minutes, but then was fine. We woke her up for a few minutes after we got home from dinner. She was a little shaken up. Then I began telling her how proud I was of my brave girl! She got the biggest smile on her face. We crossed a very important mile stone. Hopefully Juergen and I can get out more and more. We had a super time with our friends. There were 8 of us eating a feast at a Chinese restaurant. I miss my friends! I have great friends!

Today is Halloween. The kids will probably go trick or treating for an hour tonight. Then they are going to an alternative party at a local Baptist church. Sarah has a number of costume options. We haven't decided what she will wear. Philip is going as Spiderman, and Thomas isn't sure yet either. We have a costume trunk...and he has choices. I would love to see photos of your kids Halloween costumes. If you have a link to your child’s costume on a blog, please add it to my MR Linky. Have a very sweet and safe day!