This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, October 28, 2007


Well, I just talked with Juergen on the phone. We did not win a Werte award. The man that did win the award was about 73 years old. He helps families nearly full time who have a dying family member. He, in other words cares for those who care. The man does such a special thing I can say honestly it is an honor we were even considered in the same category. Juergen had no chance to promote adoption. That is OK too. We learned allot about the need, and we will pursue a path to help provide more money for families that would like to adopt. Who knows, perhaps in 20 years we may even deserve to win this award. Today I am really honored to have been nominated. I want to thank everyone who took the time to vote for us online. You are really great! Thank you Claudia for even thinking of us.