This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Monday, November 19, 2007


The Hallmark Channel has two new adoption stories posted online every week. It is always on the links on my sidebar if you lose the link. I just watched the story entitled Twice as much joy. The second part of this episode is a story about an older girl from China being adopted. I encourage you to take a look at the program. I also encourage you to open your heart to consider an older child adoption. We adopted Thomas when he was 7 years old. It was easier in many ways, and harder in others. But I am so glad we did it! It is heart breaking to see the hopeless eyes of these beautiful kids who see the babies come and go, and they have no hope of a family of their own! Madison Adoption Associates has a beautiful 6 year old girl with repaired Hydrocephalus on their waiting list. She is smart and healthy. If she was a baby she would be adopted right away, but she is almost 7 years old. There is another healthy older girl on CHI's list. Please take the time to watch the Hallmark story and maybe you will rethink older child adoption.