This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007


Sarah had her first dentist appointment. I know...I'm very late getting her to the dentist! I knew she had a mouth full of cavities. She had 5 cavities. The dentist filled one yesterday, and will fill the others next week. Sorry, no pictures. Today I take her to the doctors for a blood draw. We need to monitor her Hep B every 6 months. I'm also bringing Philip with me. We have a pretty long list of appointments for all the kids in the next 3 months. It can seem overwhelming at times, all the special needs. Sometimes I feel like I'm a bad parent for not being ahead of the game. For example, Sarah should have gone to the dentist 3 months ago. Other times I just feel human. If these kids were in orphanages, most of these things would never get done...OK I'm late. I will work off my list in time to work off the next list! Better late then never! Last night I had a dream. In my dream one of my kid’s teachers criticized us for not making it to the parent teacher conference. They implied we should not have adopted so many children if we were not going to have the time to make it to all the “important” meetings. I looked this teacher straight in the eyes (remember this was a dream) and said, which one of my children should I return to an orphanage so I could have the time to make it to your all important meeting? The teacher looked dumbfounded! The bottom line is, we can not do it “perfect”. We need to cover all the truly important bases. A lot of things just have to fall by the wayside.