This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

I would love to report to you that Sarah is 100% adjusted, but that just wouldn't be true. There is about 2% of her that just has a very hard time dealing with change. Maybe that's just her age (she is 4 years old) or maybe it's just our control freak Sarah. She really, REALLY likes to know what to expect. If you change her routine, she has a fit! This morning she was sleeping deeply (and she needs her sleep). Juergen normally wakes her up to say good bye before work. He tried to wake her, but she was sleeping deeply. When she woke up, she screamed bloody murder! I called Juergen on the phone (I think I interrupted his meeting), so Sarah could say goodbye to him. I thought that would help. It only caused her to move from fear to anger. She continued to scream and say she hated me and didn't want me! It's like she was blaming me for Juergen's unannounced departure. I stayed calm, but I also said I would not take her to school until she calmed down. Sarah is very stubborn. She dressed herself and grabbed her own shoes. I'm sure she would have tried to walk to school all by herself but I had locked the front door. So slowly she gave up her anger. Slowly she backed off her ledge and came to me and said sorry. After that long drama, I had to hurry to take her to school. They close the door at 9:30am. She is fine, and again poor mama needs some headache medicine. I think she trys to hurts me when she is hurt. She wants to reject me first...because she is afraid she is going to be rejected. We have come a very long way, but we are still not totally adjusted. These things take time. I know she loves me. She is just too use to the women in her life going away. It will take time for her to trust that I'm not going anywhere!