This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, November 15, 2007


I learn a great deal from my children. This morning Sarah was very sweet. She came from the other side of the room and cuddled in my lap. Then Juergen and the boys went to work and school. Sarah demanded to go to school NOW!!! I said wait, I had some stuff I needed to take care of first. My sweet Sarah turned very sour. She began to cry and shout. I don't know how you are, but I try never to give into this demanding tone. I quietly gathered my things and left the room. Sarah shouted orders at me for another 2 minutes before she fell asleep on the sofa. I took care of my business, and got dressed. Then I woke her up and took her to school. As I was walking home I thought about this. How am I with God? Do I demand what I want NOW!!! Can I get to the point of making my requests known to him without shouting orders like an overly demanding 4 year old? It really is all about trust.