This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, November 04, 2007


I've never seen something like this before. It is a new born baby girl in the USA listed on Rainbow Kids available now for adoption.
It says this...
Healthy AA baby girl born 11/4/07 at 11:05am by C-section in Bradenton Florida. Mom is a single mother of two girls under the age of 4 and is unable to parent a third child. She has received prenatal care throughout the pregnancy and denies any drug or alcohol use. Father is known and will sign the consents for the adoption. Per Florida law mom can not sign the consents until 48 hours after the birth or upon the written discharge from the hospital. Birth weight 6LBS 4Oz. Birth Length 19 inches long Apgars 8/9 Total adoption fees are $23,000.00 which includes birth mother living expense, counseling and legal fees up to termination of parental rights, (Finalization is seperate) additional fees: $240.00 application fee $350.00 Home study review fee $1,500.00 ICPC fee for out of state parents $1,200.00 Finalization legal fees Paid directly to the attorney at finalization Placement will be Tuesday 11/6/07
So I guess if you are ready to adopt today Here is a baby girl who needs a parent now! Like I said, I've never seen anything like this. I've only done 3 SN International adoptions, but maybe one of my readers knows someone who would like to adopt a new born American baby.