This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007



Sarah didn't seem herself this morning. I took her to kindergarten because she really wanted to go. The teacher called me to pick Sarah up early. She looked like she might be getting sick. She did not eat much lunch. After lunch I said "maybe we should take a nap?" Wrong answer! Sarah began to cry for her Papa. She stood at the door and cried like she did when we first came home from China. I've learned that her little dramas usually don't last long when she has no audience. I said I was going to my room to take a nap. She followed me and continued to cry for her Papa. I invited her to lay down with me. She said no nap. I said OK, we will just cuddle. With in 3 minutes Sarah was asleep. I'm sure she is sick and will probably sleep for hours. I know she does not hate me...I just said the N word (nap).