This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, November 22, 2007



I made turkey soup for Thanksgiving. The kids wanted noodles and Chinese cabbage instead of corn and potatoes. I also decided to save my pumpkin pie mix for Christmas. I'm fasting sugar until Christmas and I love pumpkin pie. I am also doing some early Christmas decorating. Juergen will probably be spending Christmas week with his parents. His mom, most of you know is very sick. I want to enjoy as much of the season with him early.
Please pray for Philip. We have been worried about his development. He really can not remember anything. He will have an MRI tomorrow. We hope they don't find anything, but on the other hand we don't. It is frustrating not having any cause or treatment for his very serious learning problems. I think if they found something that could be corrected, that would be a blessing. It's been kind of worrisome. He isn't just a slow learner; skills he had learned are being forgotten. He is losing ground. He also stops in mid sentence, like he forgot what he wanted to say. He does this all the time. We need some answers.