This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007


I'm sitting in Nicole’s room writing this post from her new notebook computer, my old computer. Juergen (who feels a little helpless) bought me a new computer yesterday. I needed a new computer. Mine (now Nicole’s) didn't have enough storage. I take up allot of space with my photos and digital scrapbook stuff. Nicole just signed a contract with a publishing agent in New York. They had an independent agency critique her first book. They said she has a real talent for story telling. She only needed to make a few grammatical changes. The agency will move directly to marketing her first book (she has written 10 books so far in a series of 15).
Sarah is sitting with Nicole playing play mobil. Juergen has taken the boys swimming. I have lots of time. I've cleaned the kitchen, dinning room, and living room. I took a hot bath. I'm going to give Jessica a bath now. I have lots of time because Sarah will not play with me. Everyone goes back to school and work tomorrow. Sarah will be stuck with Mom alone. My stomach hurts when I type that! We would have a wonderful time if she would just accept me! But that is tomorrow. Today I can tell you about Nicole's big news. Perhaps you will be able to buy one of her books at a Target, or a Wall Mart near you! Isn’t that cool!!!