This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007


We got a temper tantrum before Juergen went to work this morning. He was putting Jessica our 15 year old autistic daughter on her bus. I've noticed that it stresses Jessica out to have Sarah come with them to the bus. Each of our 5 kids wants a special part of their daddy. Jessica wants this time with out Sarah. Sarah stayed in the house and screamed and stomped her feet. I warned her not to have such a fit. She kept screaming, so I picked her up and put her in her bed. She was angry, but that is basically tuff! Juergen was upset with me for being so strict, but I know a temper tantrum when I see one. We explained to her again that this was Jessica’s daddy too. She has been really great for me today. I think she really understood because she was role playing the whole thing out with her dolls. She kept explaining to the dolls she needed to go, but would come back. She kissed the doll and waved bye bye. Then she would leave. She needs to learn to share daddy! All the kids need him; she can not have him to herself!
This is unrelated, but Thomas read out loud in class today. He did so well, the other kids clapped! He changed school only a few weeks before we went to China. It has been hard for him to be in a new school. I'm so proud that the class actually clapped for him!!!We are having allot of trouble teaching Philip to read. Please pray for us and for Philip. There must be a key somewhere to unlock his mind!