This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007







Sarah was a little shaken when Juergen went to work this morning. She knew she is not supposed to cry for daddy when he goes to work, so she cried for Thomas. Thomas has school early on Wednesdays, and he did not say goodbye to her. Those tears only lasted a minute. Then I took her to McDonalds for breakfast. McDonalds is near one of my favorite garden centers and I needed to buy some mulch for my flower beds. At McDonalds I taught Sarah how to go down the big slide. I had to walk her through the whole thing two times (so I climbed through those tubes believe it or not). By the third time she could do it alone. We were both very proud.
At home she took a cold bath (it's pretty hot here) while I cleaned the bathroom, and Jessica’s room. Allot of people think we should get a house keeper. On the one hand I think yes, I have 5 kids and I could use the help. On the other hand I think, no, I have 5 kids and 5 kid’s costs allot to raise! We have food, cloths, guitar lessons, reading tutors, Lego etc... It takes a big chuck of change! Juergen makes good money, but we are a one income family. In the fall, Sarah will go to kindergarten. I will have the time to clean my house in the fall. Until then I think I would rather have the money to take her to McDonalds then have a clean house!