This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

We decided to wake her up together this morning. Juergen had on a work shirt. Sarah is very smart. She began crying right away. She clung to him and pushed away from me. There is nothing like a large cup of rejection first thing in the morning! My stomach hurt, and I felt like throwing up!!! We managed to get all the other kids off to school. It was stressful. No one said anything, but you could see the stress on their faces. Finally Juergen said goodbye and the crying and screaming began all over again. She cried for about 20 minutes, then I put on a Dora the explorer DVD (a kids program). It took another 10 minutes before she quieted down to watch the DVD.
When she got very calm I took her to Toys R Us. I wanted to buy her a roller (scooter) or a bike or tricycle. She loved Philips scooter yesterday. I think it's good to take her on long walks with our dog. It's good for her to get out (it's good for me too). We tried maybe 10 or more models of bikes and scooters. Her gross motor skills are not actually very good. We settled on a bobby car (this is a small car you can scoot around with). They come in different models, but she wanted the pink princess model! I also bought her some plastic toy food to cook with. She had a very big smile on her face when we left the store. I gave her a snack in the car. We took Mickey for a walk when we got home. Then we played with the toy food. She pretended to cook, and I ate everything she cooked. Finally she wanted me to open the bobby car. Thank God it was mostly assembled. We took it for a spin around the block. She drags her feet on the ground just like Thomas. I'm going to have to get her some junkie shoes to ride her bobby car in. She has already half ruined her new shoes.
Thomas was home when we returned. Then Philip came and we ate lunch. Now Thomas is laying down in the big bed in her room. She is used to sleeping with 30 other kids in the room. She cannot sleep alone. She is in the small bed. She was actually very sweet with me most of the morning (a big step forward). She is very tired now, and so she is rejecting me again.