This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007




It's been a great day. Sarah waved goodbye to Juergen and we have had no temper tantrums, crying or melt downs all day! She almost fell asleep in my arms at nap time. I was rocking and singing to her. Philip jumped on the chair next to me and woke her up! She did not get a nap! Still, letting me hold her and rock her...that's big! Sarah is really relaxing. She is doing the “normal” 4 year old stuff. Today she drew on my wall, scratched my living room furniture, and over watered my plants (flooding the bathroom, and the living room). "Normal" stuff! She fell asleep on the living room floor while I was using my new Mothers day vacuume cleaner. I just let her sleep. Juergen comes home in an hour. For now mama deserves a hot cup of tea!