This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Friday, May 04, 2007




This morning has passed very well! Sarah had only a 20 minute melt down when everyone left the house. I ended up carrying her up to her bedroom because she was screaming out the mail slot near the front door. I did not think she needed to entertain the whole neighborhood! I cleaned the bathroom while she screamed. Then she tried to dress herself. I think she planned to set out on her own to find the rest of the family. She got frustrated because she could not find her pants and socks. I laid some cloths on her bed for her. I also placed a package of beads on her bed. This girl loves to do arts and crafts. She calmed down right away and let me finish dressing her. Then she carried the beads to the living room and we made her a bracelet. Afterwards we went shopping. She was very happy and loving. It was like having a "first date" with my daughter. We sat in a cafe and had a snack. I only wish I had brought my camera. At home we walked Mickey, played Memory, strung more beads, and watched Dora. Now the boys are home. She played with them while I finished making lunch. She is taking her nap with Nicole (and she did not cry at nap time)! She has called me Mama today, held my hand today, played with me, and even given me a kiss. I thank God for this amazing progress. I am also glad it is Friday. I am happy I can relax a little bit and allow Sarah to enjoy the safety and security of her whole family!