This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

I've been tagged by Denna at two little darlings to tell you 8 things about myself. I'm supposed to tag 8 other people after this, but I'm not sure I want to do that. I think all my blog friends have already been tagged; I'm probably the last person on the entire internet to actually be tagged. This is my very first tag...not that I'm asking to be tagged again. But here are 8 things you may or may not already know about me...

1. Before I was a mom, I was a pastor. I worked for 7 years at San Diego State University as a student pastor. I was as poor as a mouse, but I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED my job! Even today, I love international students, and university students. I love influencing the future leaders of the entire world!
2. My favorite color is green. The color green reminds me of the state of Oregon. I spent a good part of my child hood in Oregon, graduated from OSU, and my parents and two sisters still live there. Oregon might be wet, but it is also green!
3. I had no mercy before I had my autistic daughter Jessica. I use to think you get what you deserve. Juergen and I both played by all the rules, and Jessica was born sick. She had 4 heart conditions at birth. Once her heart was corrected, we thought everything would be fine. At age 18 months our healthy charming daughter lost her language and her motor skills. It was a night mare. But through this trial, I have become a compassionate person. I still pray for Jessica to be healed, but I'm grateful to God I have a larger heart.
4. I studied Television directing and producing. I think I've been producing movies in my mind my whole life. I wanted to be a TV director when I grew up. I decided to become a pastor instead...only because God called me.
5. I broke my arm when I was 5 years old. I fell out of a tree in flag staff Arizona. Right now I am struggling with two sprained wrists. I've never been too graceful.
6. I had a world class crush on Donny Osmond when I was little. "And they called it puppy love"!!!After 16 years of marriage, I still have a crush on Juergen. I am so happy not only to love him, but to actually really like him after 16 years! I got very blessed!!!
7. I've lived in Germany for almost 11 years and I still speak really bad German. My uncle called me dummy when I was a child. I think it was because I was slow in my language development. My German comes slowly too! I wish I was good at languages, but I'm not. Still, I know I'm not dumb. I may not always use the right words, or spell everything correctly but I still manage to communicate!
8. I've had over 20,000 hits on my blog since the end of October. I don't really know why you would want to read the stuff I write, but I feel kind of honored that you do! I love writing my blog. I began writing it because I want to write a book one day about what God has taught me from having a disabled child. I hope to write that book someday. For now, the blog gives me practice. Thank you for encouraging me...I love it!