This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Once again it’s the weekend. Once more I asked Sarah if I could take her to the toilet this morning. Once more (and it has been 6 weeks on Monday) Sarah screamed. Yesterday she soaked the bed because Juergen didn’t take her to the toilet early enough. Sure, she will warm up to me as the day goes by, but don’t you think I have a right to be just a little bit offended? Mama is ok when Papa is not there, but when he is there I’m chopped liver! I’m no 2nd class parent!!! I’m not begging for her attention! Papa is here, and she probably will ignore me most of the weekend. I’ve got a little pride, and right now it’s a little bit hurt. I love her attention, but I am not begging for it!!! Juergen said to her “Papa is here, its ok”. I guess that’s a mater of perspective!