This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, May 06, 2007



This is the piece of paper our guide gave me to show people Sarah was my newly adopted daughter. It basically says I just adopted her and I love her but she does not like me. We had to show it many times in Shanghai.That was one of the lowest moments of my life! Unfortunately I would probably still need to show it to people if I was alone with her in China. I think she is a little sick. It is bed time. She has a small fever. Her throat is sore and sounds really horse. She is crying for Juergen. She will not even accept a cup of water from me. He must leave the house at 8am tomorrow morning. I am going to try hard not to take her rejection personally, but what do I do when she is sick and will not let me care for her? I also have Jessica tomorrow. I can not say I am looking forward to tomorrow! I'm sorry for our little sweetheart if she will not receive my care. I will once again be all she has. I hope she at least feels healthy in the morning.