This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Thursday, May 31, 2007


Sarah had her first Dr appointment today. She needs to return to the Dr another day for blood work. We will be testing for allergies. For today, she has gained some weight, nearly 2 pounds over the past 8 weeks. Her skin is dry, and as you can see from the picture she has hives. I'm glad she didn’t need blood drawn today. Maybe Papa can take her to get her blood taken? I had a large list of stuff to discuss with the Dr. but most of it was about the boys and their medical needs. I don't even remember how tall Sarah is, and where that places her on the growth chart. She was happy and well behaved. Another poor Mom in the waiting room had a daughter who was a monster. She was taking toys away from other kids, and hitting other kids with wooden blocks! I felt sorry for this Mom. Believe me; I have been in the position where my child was the monster. Jessica (our 15 year old autistic daughter) was so awful when she was 3 years old. We did not know she had autism, we could not tell people please excuse her, she is sick. I remember over hearing people in the food stores saying about me, "some people should not be allowed to have kids" (as if her behavior was a result of my poor parenting). Some times it is the parents fault, other times it's not! Sometimes my kids act like monsters too. I am grateful they were good today...but they aren't always good!