This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007






Sarah was very brave this morning. Juergen explained to her he had to go to work, and asked her to be good for Mommy. She shook her head Ok, and waved goodbye. She did not cry. I gave her a piece of candy and asked her if she wanted to help feed the fish. We watched the fish for awhile, and then did some art. We colored a fish, then cut paper. She loves using the scissors! Then I gave her a sticker album with stickers. She loved that!
I think she is a little sick today. Her nose is running and she has been pretty quite. She even fell asleep for a few minutes when I was on the phone. Nicole and Philip came home at the same time. This made her happy. We are doing well together, but you can tell she misses having other kids around. I would send her to kindergarten right away if we did not have bonding issues. I may take her to a special Bible study at a local Baptist church that is for Mom's with small kids (MOPS). It is even in English.