This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, May 05, 2007







We have had a nearly normal Saturday morning. We got some yard work done. My plants are all dried out because it has not rained the whole month of April. I need to replant a few things. We put in a fig tree. I felt like God told me Jessica is like a fig tree. I hope it means she is dearly loved and will be fruitful like the nation of Israel. I wanted to plant a fig tree last year but they were too expensive. I found this tree for a very good price and said "It is mine"!!! We finally have rain clouds in the sky, so I hope the tree will do fine!
I took Jessica and Nicole shopping. We went to a flee market. I found a toy kitchen for Sarah. She is pretty jazzed!!! Jessica got 11 videos (Richard Scary, Disney, and Veggie Tales). She loves videos. She is also very happy with this mornings shopping "finds"!
I am taking Philip, Thomas, and Nicole to see the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Sarah has to take a nap. She is following Juergen around allot today, but has also been pretty warm towards me. Thomas is pretty moody, but maybe that is "normal" behavior for a 9 year old boy (he will be 10 in September). He seems to be riding an emotional roller coaster. One minute he is wonderful and the next minute he is a real jerk! If some of you have raised boys past this age maybe you can give me some advice. It is hard to understand what is situational, and what is typical developmental.