This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Sunday, May 06, 2007









We had a totally wonderful lunch with our good friends Katrin and Peter and their beautiful daughter Emma. It was kind of funny because they read my blog all the time. I hardly had to tell them how I was doing, they knew! And it was like they already knew Sarah as well. They gave her a really beautiful gift of children’s dishes. It is also a gift from my good friend Patricia...so thank you Patricia! The dishes are really cute. I think I'll hang the plate on my wall! I'm almost afraid to let Sarah use them because they are made of glass, and so nice!!! I told Katrin about my theory of no longer riding the roller coaster of Sarah’s emotions. Trying not to care so much what Sarah thinks of me! I don't know how I will do this, but I do know I must do this. I can not control how my little girl is going to treat me, or feel about me. I hope she learns to love and accept me. I can not make this happen! I do need to realize I am worth something even if she rejects me! The hanging on every smile, hoping for any sign of warmth has got to stop! I can make sure I am worth loving…but I can not make her love me!