This blog covers our wait, travel, and adjustment to our 4 year old adopted Chinese daughter Sarah Shui Qing from Nanjing. There are over 1000 posts. I have moved my blog to Catching Butterflies 2. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog. It has alot of information on Special needs adoption. Follow us to our new address Catching Butterflies 2! Thank you for reading!

Saturday, May 12, 2007



Sarah treated me pretty bad today, and was pretty clingy to Juergen. He has to preach tomorrow night and it's been hard for him to find any freedom to prepare a sermon. By the way, he is a computer scientist, not a pastor. He does get to preach at our church from time to time. He is sharing from Matthew 25 about serving the least among us. He did manage to go vacuum cleaner shopping with me today. We decided against the Dyson, and got something we thought would be better for us. The Dyson is all plastic, and only the more expensive models come with a hepa filter. They also only guaranteed the vacuum for two years. I think you can get a 5 year warrantee in the USA, but not here in Germany. My vacuum is made of stainless steel, and has an allergy filter, and a 4 year warrantee. It was pretty expensive, but I think it will handle the abuse I plan on giving it! After all, I do have 5 kids and a very hairy dog (Mickey is like a dust mop. He mops the whole neighborhood, and shakes it off in my living room)!
So tomorrow is mothers day. I teach Sunday school. I am going to sew wash cloths with the kids, and fill them with mineral salt for the bath. We will also learn about the mother of Jesus. My kids are planning a surprise puppet show. I will be sure to video tape that! I wish I was close enough to give my own Mom a hug, but a phone call is all I can give her! I am not so far from Juergens Mom, but we both have to teach tomorrow so again a phone call is all we can manage. Juergen and I have both been blessed with amazingly wonderful Moms. My job as a mom seems to get harder and more complicated these days. I do think I have had some incredible role models. There are no gifts great enough to pay for what I have been given by my mom! But you all saw her when we traveled to China…so you know I’ve been blessed!